Friday, May 20, 2011

40 things I love about Oman #37 Roundabouts


So..I had lots of fun collecting these photos of roundabouts from bloggers willing to share. Roundabouts are found all over Oman as ways to keep traffic flowing. Sadly, a lot of them are being torn down with flyovers replacing them. When you ask for directions in Oman, these landmarks are a huge help! Often they end up with nicknames known locally if the real name of the roundabout can't be remembered or our family made up names to entertain the kiddos while driving around! I love this about Oman!

The "Big Boat" by the Al Bustan Hotel
The "Clocktower" by the Airport

The "Happy Meal" or "Incense Burner" 

The "Big Book Pile" 

The "Clocktower" roundabout-one of many..

The "Fish Fountain" 

The "Dome" 

The "Globe"

The "Water Jugs"

The "Palm Tree"

The "R2D2"

The "Sailing" one

The "Toolbox" or "Bob the Builder"

The "Gold Jug"

The "Big Arch"

The "Big Coffee Pot"