Thursday, May 19, 2011

40 things I love about Oman #36 Living where I belong

I thought I should put up a map of where Oman is. Truthfully I had never even heard of Oman until 10 years ago-most people confuse Oman with Amman which is the capital of Jordan.
As you can see it is a nation surrounded on all sides by countries most people have heard of due to things they have seen or heard on TV-usually negative.
How can I feel so at home there? Perhaps because 1/3 rd of the people who live there are like me-they are foreigners living in a foreign land. When everyone is different, you don't feel out of place. Of course the blond hair and blue eyes in certain places does make me stand out, but for the most part I am am one of the 65+ nationalities gathered in this beautiful land.
Today is a long awaited day. My sweet (hubby) is returning to Muscat today! A new chapter in our lives begins..