Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Back to Blogging after a YEAR!

I've missed this!
The past year has been filled with ups and downs and through it all I have found it hard to blog. The past year has been a challenge and sometimes it's better that the whole world not have to read about it. It's been difficult to be positive so I decided to stay quiet. We chose this path, this country to live in: so complaining about it without the upside, seemed to me to be counter productive.
I love Oman. I love the life opportunity we have been given here. It's just not always easy.

Many here are entering into the Lent season. It's not something I grew up with but I've decided to use the 40 days (not including the Holy Days) leading up to Resurrection Day to take time away from the computer (minus the blogging!), Facebook, Pinterest and T.V. to focus on some other things. 
I want to blog and in doing so highlight some of the past years' journey..


We went camping for the first time last month! Waking before sunrise, I noticed this Cove. The tide was out, so I decided to go and explore..



Right away, I was keen to see the view of the ocean from inside the cove..


But first, my Kiddo wanted to check out the crab that was hiding in the rocky places..


I could see a great photo coming up as the sun was just rising through the cove..


How beautiful is that!?


The Cove has inspired me in the next 40 days or so, to go to this quiet place in my life. I can't visit this beautiful place very often but the feeling of quiet and peace was amazing. So, I am taking time out from the electronics that consume so much of my time and am ready to journey for a while into a place where I can be quiet and still and be close to the One who created this truly awesome land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.