Thursday, March 27, 2014

Lochs and Longings..

I'm sure I'm not the only third culture kid that goes through this. Longings to be somewhere else for a day. No matter what country  your living in. Restlessness that creeps up from time to time. Its been one of those weeks. Usually it happens around holidays. This weekend its Mothers Day in my homeland. As I think about being away from my Mum on another Mothers Day, I get restless..
And then I start thinking of ''home''. I havent lived there in over 20 years, but I still get homesick. I think of the Loch that I paid no attention to when I actually lived there, but now when I see photos, I just stare wishing for one moment that I could be back there, if only for a day.



The Loch and Ben Lomond in Winter


And in summer. I've climbed this Ben!

This is Ben Lomond. Ben is Scottish for mountain. I've climbed this a few times-974 metres (3,196 feet) and each trek memorable. So far the kiddos, my Sweet and I get our photos taken with this in view each visit. One day I hope to climb it as a family.

So the trip down Scottish memory lane is over for now. Soon I will be back to blogging about my crazy beautiful Arabian Life...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.