Monday, March 10, 2014

Forts and Faith..

This past weekend, we got to visit one of the Famous Forts of Oman! It was a bitter sweet trip. Sweet because it was our first visit to one of Oman's forts with a family we love to hang out with. Bitter because, this family will be returning to live in their passport country in the summer. One of the hardest things about living here is that families and friends come and go. Friendships are made quickly and all of a sudden we have to let go again.


Coming into the Wilyat of Nakhal..



  Our first glimpse of the Fort!



The Parking area is used for a goat market on Fridays..

Yeah for a decent toilet block! Bathrooms in this country are an experience to never forget..

  Omani windows..from the toilet block..weird I know..but cool views!



The entrance to the Fort..only 500 Baisas ($1.25 or 90 pence approx.!)



Traditional pots for water and coffee and some artifacts I have have no idea what they are!


Up the first steps..




Onto the first open level..








I love the random tree growing out of the rock!


A few hidden rooms with amzing views of the Date Palm Farms, Mosques and Wadis









All in all a great experience which we were glad to do while it is still Springtime..temps are rising each day now..summer is coming!





As I reminisced over the trip, it reminded me of a song I heard a while back with the lyrics, '..a mighty fortress is our God..' Somehow the Word comes alive in this land in a unique way. When I am feeling down about saying goodbye again, it is good to be reminded that He is always there protecting our hearts in these times. And it's never really goodbye..for we will meet again. It makes me look forward to Heaven and perhaps that's the way it should be.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.