Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Contrasting views..

There's something therapeutic about being outdoors in Scotland. The weather in Scotland gets talked about alot. Phrases like- oh that's the rain on.. like we should be surprised! Usually it involves running and grabbing the washing off the line, or if you are outside, you just keep doing what you were doing and going where you were going! They even make baby strollers or buggys with waterproof attachments because nobody would ever live if the rain stopped life!
As I remember my homeland I am struck by the contrasting beauty. Green grass v sandy desert. Green mountains v rocky mountains. Sheep warning signs v camel or goat warning signs.  Lochs v wadis. Oak trees v palm trees.
The green in Scotland is in part because of the rain. It rains a lot! It doesn't stop life but gives the land its beauty. Rain is forecast again here for the next few days. This is BIG news! Rain here, stops traffic, floods houses and generally makes a mess. No-one walks in the rain. Contrast.
I have lived in both and I love both. But when the rains come, I wish I could walk in them. Maybe I miss my homeland a little more when it rains...
















1 comment:

  1. Love these pictures and way you've written it. So easy to picture it in my mind. Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.