Life and Death. It's not something we like to think about. Yet so much of this season, in the Faith in which we live, is focused on dying to self and celebrating New Life.
So today begins what I'm calling my "rearrangement of what's important". Using the Lent season is a good reminder to refocus and take some time out to pray and manage my time better.
It's not that TV or Facebook or Pinterest is wrong, it's just sometimes it takes up more of my time than other things should.
Something I've been looking at recently is based on a book called "Sacred Pathways". It talks about 9 ways we explore Faith. Most of us have 2 or 3 ways that we do this.
One of the ways I explore my Faith is through nature. I think that's why I love photography and getting out. Each year on Resurrection Day, our family heads out to the "Rocky Beach" for a rock hunt. We love to spend the time finding rocks with Crosses on them and celebrating this day in our own unique way!
This was the beauty of Oman, captured this time last year..
In 40+ days, we will get to enjoy this tradition once again..
Here is the link to the Sacred Pathways website if you want to know more..
http://www.xaatuva.com/resources/discipleship/Sacred%20Pathways.pdf
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.