So I accidentally clicked on my facebook app. When I was supposed to be on my time out from this!
The post that came up was news that a friends' sister had passed away. It got me to thinking. YES. I can totally waste time on it, but as an expatriate and third culture kid, facebook becomes the main way to keep I touch with friends all around the world. LITERALLY.
So this blog is in honor of all my facebook friends who are my friends because in some way you have impacted my life. I am so thankful to see your posts and hear your joys, struggles and life journey. With no reliable mail system here, I would miss out on so much of your lives.
I thought in taking a break from this so called time waster, I would have more time to do other important things. But it struck me. What have I missed out on this past week or two? Birthdays, important prayer needs, the chance to send condolences to a friend, smiling when I see old friends' faces, and of course my mindless status updates..
..that this week should have included the fact that in biology Kiddo #1 and I successfully dissected and correctly labelled an earthworm (without either of us vomiting!).Kiddo #2 made us all a yummy dinner from scratch. Another friend brought home-made cookies which the kiddos said tasted just like grandma's and took Kiddo #3 to his favourite weekly AWANA club. Proud moments, crazy life events and sharing thankful moments. Thats what I love about facebook.
My wall typically includes posts from Scotland, USA, Hong Kong, Ireland, Australia, UAE, Kuwait, Canada, Qatar, England, Oman, Bahrain, New Zealand, Congo, Lebanon, Armenia, Cyprus, Greece, India, Philippines, Thailand, Mozambique, South Africa and Holland!
I love my friends all around the globe and I look forward to connecting with you again soon! I miss you!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.