Monday, September 26, 2011
I ate..GOAT?
One of the things that is hard about being back here, or anywhere new, is that it takes time for my stomach to adjust to the new foods, water, time zone. My tummy is not what it used to be and so I have to be really careful what I eat. It's no fun, as I love food. Part of settling, means that you sometimes just have to go with the flow and live with the consequences. This is my reality.
The BBQ we went to a few days ago was one of those days when I felt free and happy-go-lucky and so threw caution to the wind, and ate...GOAT! Yes. Three days later I was told that what I thought was lamb, was not so. The mind is a funny thing, as I was pretty sure I was enjoying a good plate of BBQ lamb. After eating some dodgy chicken in the days before the BBQ and suffering, I may have not attempted the goat meat.
I am feeling a bit melancholy as my tummy adjusts to new foods and fights off new viruses. One day I am hoping that I will be free to enjoy food again. There is a story in The Book about a women who suffered for 12 years with a condition that was healed when she reached out and touched the robe of the One who is the healer. Although not life-threatening, these tummy troubles make life less full and enjoyable. Reaching out today to the One who can do above and beyond all we can ask, imagine and think!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.