| Attribution: Mkooiman at en.wikipedia |
I can hardly believe it is October already. This time of year, more than most, I miss being in the States. There is nothing quite like the changing color of the trees, the taste of hot apple juice (cider as it's called in the USA) and decorating the house with pumpkins and lighting fall scented candles.
Here the sun is shining bright and is still in the 90's with a low of 82! As I have waded through my boxes I found some Fall decorations which always seem out of place with the sun blaring outside! But I am going to try. I haven't found pumpkins here, so I am going to try to get creative and make some paper mache ones! The kiddos will have fun giving it a go I am sure. I have one gingerbread scented candle and a string of orange lights that will hopefully make the place feel warm and cosy inside. I think I will have to get crafty and see if we can come up with some other Fall crafts to give me the illusion of seasons, of which there are none here. It does "cool"a little by the time December rolls around but maybe only into the 60's which is pretty nice.
It's been a busy weekend. I tend to go a little crazy when it rolls around as I have my Sweet to help me get stuff done. We are making progress with making our house a home: we unearthed a lamp from the boxes of stuff, found some pictures to hang and a friend donated a dining table, so that will be wonderful! We are using a little table to eat off of and now that can be used for my scrapbooking! Yeah. I love to scrapbook but I have resisted opening that box otherwise the house would never get unpacked!
We had some friends come over the other night and they sat happily on our Arabic cushions! We do need some more couches in that room but all in good time.
We were all set to hang curtains but then we couldn't find the drill charger-there is always something that delays my great plans! We went to find wardrobes-a simple plan right? We couldn't find the wardrobe store and found ourselves driving in and out of traffic jammed streets, to no avail. So our clothes will have to stay stacked on the suitcases til we have the energy to venture out again to find the right shop.
Tonight we opened our crafting box-so I must be feeling more at home! We are going to have a fun filled month at homeschool now that it is the Fall season.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.