Saturday, September 24, 2011
Bread, Beaches & Bravery!
I just had to blog this! This is some bread we saw being made at one of the local grocery stores. For 25 cents/20 pence we got TWO of these!! The dinner plate shows just how huge this was. And so delicious too.
During my culture shock phase, I mentioned before that I don't want to get out and be social, I am afraid of the food and driving is a little scary. As it turns out, this was a bad week to be in this phase!
I ate some dodgy chicken (at least that's where I think it began) and my poor tummy has been in turmoil for the past few days. This happened to coincide with having to drive to the kiddos homeschool co-op event and a beach barbeque which my Sweet had been invited to by some other teachers. Two out of three I managed. My Sweet relieved some stress by being able to drive me to the co-op event and I made myself go to the beach bbq. It may not seem like anything resembling bravery in the true sense-like saving someone's life or overcoming a deadly disease-but for anyone who has been through intestinal issues, getting out the house was a good step-and to do it when I wanted to crawl into my shell (think Turtle) and avoid being social, felt like I had achieved something in my journey through this phase.
As it turned out, kiddo #2 got to hang out with an old school friend at the BBQ and I met an old friend too. The road trip to the beach was a reminder of why I love this country. The views capture me like nowhere else. It's starting to feel more like home.
Labels: Things I love about Oman
Arabian Sea,
beaches,
culture shock,
driving,
food
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sometimes the simplest steps are the biggest hurdles, well done :)
ReplyDelete