Sunday, September 11, 2011

Malls & Munchies!


Where we live is couple minute drive away from a really sweet mall. The kiddos & I love it! Kiddo #3 has been asking for McDonalds, so as a treat we got to eat out for lunch. The food court at the mall has a variety of places to eat. My favorite is the Iranian fast food, have been craving it for a long time but this was what I came  across!


The food court is one of my favorite places in the mall. There are people from scores of nations gathered. I would love to have been able to take photos but you have to be careful in photographing people here-especially women. While we were eating a couple of teen girls from my Sweet's summer classes came over to say hello. How I would have loved to take a picture! They are so beautiful and have the most exquisite head coverings. They were eager to meet the kiddos and myself.
The thing I enjoy most about walking the mall is that we totally fit in. Over 30% of people here are foreigners living in a foreign land and because there are so many, it is easy to blend in. Its feels so much like home here-which is a blessing since I have had felt rootless and restless, not feeling anywhere was actually home, for most of my life.
Being a Third Culture Kid/Adult does that.


 "someone who, as a child, has spent a significant period of time in one or more culture(s) other than [their] own, thus integrating elements of those cultures and their own birth culture, into a third culture"


One of the other fantastic things about the mall is that while you shop/eat you can get your car cleaned for around $2.50/ 2 GBP! It is actually illegal to drive a dirty car here and the police will pull you over for it!
When we lived here before the car washers hauled around a bucket and cloths. Not any more! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.