Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Our neighborhood...



So this empty lot here in front of our house is one day going to be a park (or so the landlord says!). I am hoping that it will not end up as a big block of apartments! The view of the sea never gets old. Yes, it is quite far away (I zoomed in a lot with the camera) but still pretty good!
The blue water truck is actually watering the makeshift soccer field! Scores of young men appear on the weekend to play soccer (football) on this field and the "park" in front of our house. Our driveway has become an overflow parking lot for footballers and those visiting the mosque behind our house.






For the first week living here, I did not realise we had mountain views! The dust from construction and mist from the sea had hidden them from view. Imagine my shock when I looked out one morning to see the mountains! They are not the gorgeous green hills of my homeland but still pretty majestic nonetheless. I love going out on the roof of our house and seeing this..





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.