| Our garden area! |
This is a typical yard in this part of the world! The lack of grass is obvious and there is nowhere to plant things. I love to garden, so like most people here, I will resort to growing things in huge plant pots. I have always dreamed of an English "secret garden"! However, my quest in Arabia is to see what can grow in a pot! Part of making our house feel like home is having a garden. I can imagine this is going to be challenging! There is a huge plant souk (market) near here and I have resisted going. Firstly because we don't have a car big enough to transport plants in big pots and secondly it is too hot to browse outside until the weather cools.
So I am going into my dream world of what I would love in this "garden". Palm trees (not sure they can grow in a pot, but a girl can dream, right?!), lemon trees, tomatoes, peas, potatoes, and lots and lots of colored flowers to brighten up the place. At night, we do get a lovely sea breeze, so it would be nice to be able to sit out once the weather cools and relax a bit.
So far it is still chaos here. We unpacked more boxes and have nowhere to put the stuff! I think maybe wardrobes are needed before my secret garden dream becomes a reality.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.