It’s been a long road back to Oman. There has been lots of what I call, “holding my breath” moments. Pretty much since we had to leave Oman, we have been waiting to return. It feels like I have been holding my breath afraid to breathe out and relax. Will we ever get to return? How will we get a visa? How will our needs be met? Will the kiddos want to go back?
Finally for the first time in a long time I feel I can stop holding my breath. The dream of returning to Oman is finally upon us and I feel a renewed hope.
Being ill showed up many things in my heart-not all good. But I am thankful for time to reflect, to heal and recover from lots of grief that began even before our first journey to Oman. Being away from Oman for so long although hard, showed us that this is really where we belong.
I am thankful to the One who has brought me through this tough time and has blessed us with a fresh start. I am also thankful to those who have come across our path and have encouraged us in our journey. Beside my bed is a verse that a dear friend wrote out for me and framed during our last journey in Oman. It has traveled with me as a reminder that one day we would return.
The house is awaiting our shipment. My Sweet will have his visa in 2 days. And flights are booked for August 13th!
There is so much to look forward to..but more on that tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.