Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Longing..
"Hope deferred makes the heart sick; but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" from the Book of Proverbs.
I am longing to be back in Oman, to be with my Sweet and unpack after such long journey. I know once we have reached our destination, it will be a crazy mix of joy, busyness and chaos. Settling in a new place even if it is a familiar one, takes time, but I cant' wait!
I am thankful that each day is a day closer to the longing being fulfilled. It's the waiting that is the hard part. So much is out with my control which I find hard. Finding a house to rent continues to be a challenge. We can't ship our things from storage until we have a house, and we can't book our flights until we have a house! And we have to have it all done before Ramadan!
A while back our family got to visit Bahrain and the Tree of Life. The 400 year old tree sits alone in the middle of the desert. It continues to grow and bloom with no explainable water source, given that rainfall in the region is rare!
What great imagery. When things are out of my control I know the source of the One who controls all things. The longing will be fulfilled.
Labels: Things I love about Oman
desert,
houses. shipping,
longing,
Ramadan,
Tree of Life,
trees
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.