Saturday, August 6, 2011

One week to go!

Our new neighborhood

My computer has been playing up, so I have not been able to write as much as I would like. For today, at least, it seems to be working.
One week today we will finally be on our travels back to Oman! The reality of what has been a long dream is sinking in, and I feel so blessed to be returning.
Soon we will be saying goodbye to the beautiful green hills of my homeland and hello to the desert. I couldn’t be more excited to explore our new neighborhood and have a place we can call home again.
I managed to get some free minutes on my phone to be able to talk to my Sweet the other night. It’s been hard being apart especially in this age of technology when we are used to skyping-this has not been possible this time since we have no internet where are living. I missed hearing his voice and just having a normal conversation (if there is such a thing in our lives!) about his day and how we will set up our home and places we hope to visit and where the nearest grocery stores are.
It was good.
So our adventure begins anew. On our first journey to Oman, it was back in the day when you could take 2 bags up to 30kg EACH, you didn't have to take your shoes, socks, belt, coat off just to go through security. There were smoking sections on planes and you hoped that you could be near the front to avoid the smoke fog! Those were the days when there was one TV overhead in your section and one movie to watch.
How times have changed. Our kiddos are already planning their journey based on which of their top 3 movies they want to watch on Emirates on their own personal TV screen!
I will be beginning a journal on the flight, some of which I am sure I will share as I  blog. I have always wanted to write a book, so maybe this will be the start of it.
For me, living in foreign countries has always been part of my life but I have had lots of friends encouraging me to put my “normal” life on paper..we’ll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.