Sunday, August 7, 2011

Never Once..


























One week today I will be standing on this, the roof of our house. All the roofs in Oman are flat and make great places to sit (if you can stand the heat) and think. I love that I will have a place to come and sit and reflect on times past and things to come.
It is still surreal to imagine us all finally being together. The house will be pretty empty. The shipment did not make it into Oman before Ramadan, so we will have to wait a while to have our kitchen things, school books and the kids toys. But we will be in our house and all together. That's the most precious thing. There will be lots more pictures to come as we venture back to the desert, but for now I am imagining how I will really feel when I get to stand and see this for real!
This song pretty much sums up how I feel..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.