Last January..
We had the fun of spending 3 days in Dubai. Its about a 5 hour road trip from Muscat. Kiddo #2 had a birthday this month and My Sweet had some work meetings so we combined the trip.
We have some friends that run a Bed and Breakfast . The Kiddos (and us!) were also eager to spend Christmas money sent by the relatives!
There is not much to see along the roads except lots of these..
..and warning signs..
.. Wadis are the dry river beds that flood very quickly if flash floods come..
The border crossing between Oman and the United Arab Emirates..
The "portacabin" mosque at the border..
Its not the grandest of entrances into Dubai..
..until the first roundabout!
The painted flag on the rock is our landmark to know we are in the UAE..
The first shops across the border. I love the contrast of the old shops carved at the base of the mountains versus the stunning malls we will see later on..
There is a no mans land checkpoint along the the way with men with big guns which of course I couldnt photograph! We have crossed through this many times and still not quite sure the purpose..but still makes us a little uneasy..
The rugged Hajar mountains that run from Oman into the UAE..
It wouldn't be a desert road trip without the camel warning sign! And here is one we saw by the side of the road..
I love these creatures. I felt so sad that he was foraging in the midst of the electric pylons. His legs are tied so he can run away..or run. Heartbreaking.
He was so friendly and has a face that only I could love!
Posing for the camera!
Farewell desert dweller..
And now we see the familiar orange coloured sands as we get close to Dubai..
I love the desert sands..
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.