Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Grief and the overseas worker..

It's not a happiest of posts today! It's been one of those homesick weeks. Restless. Missing family. Facebooking.
Facebook can be both a blessing and a hurt. A blessing because for those of us who live and work away from our "home" countries, we can keep in touch with all those people who have come into our lives. People we may have lost touch with, we can stay connected to. I love that. I get to see bits of news from countries all around the world. Just today my news feed has posts from England, Scotland, United Arab Emirates, Canada, Australia, Philippines, India, Thailand, USA, and Oman.
Yet it can be a hurt too. It can be a reminder that there are things that I dont get to be a part of.
Today I found out a friend from one of the countries I lived in, died. I feel so sad for her family and friends who had the joy of knowing her and now have to journey without her. I feel sad for myself because the life I live means I say goodbye to friends lot, knowing I may never see them again in this life.
My time with this friend was brief. Only for a year did we journey through life in the same town. My friend and her husband welcomed me into their community, fed me, supported me and encouraged me in my faith journey. For a short time we journeyed together and I will be forever grateful.
I look forward to the day when I will see her again..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.