Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year 2015!



Happy New Year from Omaniland!

I am hoping to do better at blogging this year. It has been a whirlwind year! Some of my blog posts will be a look back and some will be about my Arabian life now. I think if I were to sum up life right now in a few words would be  GRATEFULNESS, CONTENTMENT & HOPE. These would not be words I would have used a few years ago.  For those who know my story or part of it, know I have had many years of health struggles coupled with working through grief and loss. Blogging has helped me find perspective but really it is my faith journey that has sustained me.  

GRATEFULNESS
I am grateful that in the midst of the rough roads in my journey, there have been people who have encouraged me, prayed for me and believed with me that life would not always be this painful. I am grateful that God has been patient with me as I struggled through my many issues. He has shown me great grace.


CONTENTMENT
I don't find it easy to be content, but my Mum has always taught me to look around and find something to be thankful for. I am slowly finding contentment as I see my life with God at the centre instead of myself. Living in a part of the world where there is much wealth living side by side with such poverty, it is showing me to be content in my First World Life.


HOPE
Without God there is no real hope. This year I am looking forward to a year of better health. A year where the grief if not quite so raw. A year when I have hope because I am at peace with God.


 

I have this thing about palm trees and the beach and waves! Something in nature brings me into God's presence. I feel so spoiled living so close to views like this...











 Happy New Year from myarabianlife...I hope 2015 is filled with GRATEFULNESS, CONTENTMENT and HOPE.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.