Monday, June 18, 2012

We're moving!

Just when I thought my summer was going to be relaxing, an unexpected opportunity came up to move. No worries, not countries, just another house!


My Sweet and I were driving through the neighborhood and saw a house for rent. We were drawn to the place and the caretaker was able to let us view it right there and then, which is really unusual for here. Finding a home to rent and getting a realtor to show up can be like this experience last year.


Sometimes living in a house (and we have lived in many!) can be a house but not a home. When we saw the new place, my Sweet and I both felt like, this could be our home. Having lived like nomads for what seems like forever, we were desperate last summer to just find a house and settle. This summer we get a bonus of settling in to live here in a house that feels like home. Sure, it's rented, so will never be ours, but we will enjoy it while we can.


The bonus is for pretty much the same rent (we have to pay a small fee for the plants to get watered and cared for), I GET A GARDEN!!! Okay..little excited! There is no grass but there are two areas of dirt/sand/clay where I can plant things and the landlord has even started the process for me. How beautiful is that! Especially since I blogged about having a garden here.


SO now begins the manic panic attack of boxing everything up and packing again. But this time it's exciting, to be puting down roots in the land we love.


This will be my vegetable patch!

Space in front there for a lemon tree don't you think?

Wondering what kind of  trees these are?

The beauty of green plants in the desert!


1 comment:

  1. I so understand your excitement about having a patch to garden :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.