Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ice in the Desert!



It's official-it hit 118 F today! The humidity is around 40% so it literally feels like there is no air to breathe in. Rather than packing, which I should be doing, the Kiddos and I headed to the ice-rink. This place might be our summer hangout place, if it wasn't so expensive. But today, for 90 glorious minutes, we got to see our breath, breathe in cold air and if just for a moment, feel goosebumps!






At the next Winter Olympics, Oman has high hopes for a young Omani girl to qualify for the Ice Skating events. In order for her to qualify she has to have been able to practice on an Olympic size rink-so her Dad had this one built! (at least that's what I am told). 






Today we were very thankful for her Father, sharing the rink for us to enjoy in this stiffling desert heat. Love Oman. Of course it wouldn't be Arabia, without something unusual happening..shot of the day..the cleaners cleaning the plexi-glass during the skating session!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.