Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Glass half full/half empty?



I love Facebook! For many reasons, but today it’s because one of my friends was able to encourage me through posting a quote from The Book.

“In quietness and trust is your strength”

I am generally speaking a glass half full girl. I tend to be more optimistic than pessimistic.  I think this comes from my heritage that believes anything is possible. It’s this inbuilt belief from my birth nation believing that one day we really can win the World Cup or that Andy Murray will win Wimbledon:this year!
This optimism of course goes as far as when our national football team fails to qualify for the World Cup and Andy Murray gets beaten having failed to win a grand slam again!
Optimism quickly changes to pessimism in the blink of an eye!

This is why this quote is so relevant for me.  Quietness and Trust.  It’s not easy when I want to pack, books tickets and see my Sweet. So many things are out of my control. Of course there is nothing to stop me from booking tickets and getting on a plane tomorrow! But with no visa and no where to live, it may be a little foolish.

The glass half full says every week that passes is another week closer to our final destination. The glass half empty says its been 6 weeks of being apart, how much longer?!! 
Yes quietness and trust is the key.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.