Monday, June 5, 2017

Leaving..

I haven't blogged properly in over three years. It's complicated. Writing helps me release feelings and journal experiences. There has been so much hurt and pain in the journey for the last three years that I just couldn't write. That part of my life has to be kept inside for now and instead I am ending where I began.
My Arabian Life blog began more than six years ago when our family was getting ready to return to this part of the world. I wrote how I was looking forward to returning to the country our family loved and missed.
So as the time comes to say farewell to Oman for the third time it is good to be able to blog again. I am writing for me. This is a way to remind myself that even though the past three years have been very difficult, there have been many sweet moments that I don't want to forget!
I'm not sure that blogging in the midst of packing up and moving countries is quite the best timing but I want to write about the things I will miss (and not miss!) as a way of ending this part of the journey well!
Many have asked why we are leaving. All I can say is that it is time...


The next question is always, "Where are you going?" God knows even though we don't yet.
Some would say we are crazy for choosing to leave this place with nothing to go to. But we had to. Once we knew it was our time to leave we had to give our Kiddos time to process the leaving of their school and friends which is never easy.
We have no savings, no house and no back up plan. People keep asking what our back-up plan is. I will never forget the words that a friend shared. "God doesn't have a back-up plan-He has one plan!" I love that. God has a plan for us. He has a place already planned out for our family to live, work and serve. We will know at the right time where that is. 
I am reminded of when I was first married. My Sweet felt a call to leave his very good, secure job at Kellogg company in Michigan, USA after 2 years. Who would do that?! Give up a great job and secure future for the unknown? It is still one of the proudest moments that I love about My Sweet. He heard and obeyed. Without question. And I gladly agreed. Two weeks later our home church without knowing our decision offered My Sweet a job that would eventually lead to friendships that have supported us in our mentoring of the Youth of Arabia for the past 12 years.
We serve an amazing God. He will provide for us and all our needs at exactly the right time.
Is is easy? No. The waiting is excruciatingly hard. But God. He is faithful.
We are learning and showing our Kiddos that He has a perfect plan and He will not let us down. Our arrival plan is already being put in place..







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.