A while ago I wrote here about the Souk or traditional market. I love the Souk so much and each time I go there is always something new to explore and see.Not long ago some friends came to stay giving us a good excuse to go back..
Most of the photos are credited to our eldest kiddo who loves photography..
My favorite photos from the Souk are these glass decorations..I want them all..
Arabia is famous for the Aladdin type lamps..I think these are made in China though!
There is always something weird and overpriced to discover.. I wanted this clock so badly for my British theme room but at $200 I had to pass..its not even real!
More bizarre things..poor thing..
One of the best finds yet was this unassuming store..
This Omani has been collecting artifacts for over 20 years. His shop was like going into Aladdin's cave! We could have spent hours exploring yet in the short time we had we came across some weird and wonderful discoveries..
It was a great time at the Souk..next time we will explore more of these ONE million artifacts in this ONE shop!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.