Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Lessons in Goodbyes..

This is my favourite place. It holds many special memories for me over the years. The day this was taken, we were getting ready to take some goodbye photos with a family that are leaving Oman. It seemed the day matched the mood. Sad. Even the palm trees than normally look so alive and vibrant appeared less green as rare clouds covered the sun.




Saying goodbye to friends is quite common here. Half the population are non Omanis and so people come, work for a while and then move on. For those of us who have made our home here, it is an emotional roller coaster. We have no home to return to. This is our home.




We call this place the Rocky Beach. It's where I come for prayer and reflection. There is something calming about the beach and the rocks that survive the continual waves. I suppose there is a good analogy in that. Despite the sadness and loss our family feels over yet another family leaving, there is the sense that our lives have been made richer by the short time we had with them. The waves of grief come and go but the memories and good times remain part of our life here.  The rocks remind me of all the friends who have been part of our life, some remain but many move on. I hate the grief but I am so thankful that our paths have crossed with so many people who enrich our faith journey.


In The Book it talks of the One looking after the birds of the air and how much more He will look after our needs. That we should not worry about the needs we have.


I love the bird in flight. It is such a symbol of freedom and being carefree!


Perspective is helpful. To get to the beach there is this walk through the park. The palm trees are growing their dates and the municipality has planted grass and keeps it watered.


While walking, the sprinklers created this beautiful rainbow! A reminder for my faith journey, that the One I follow keeps His promises.

 
 Friends will come and go but HE remains. I will miss my friends but I need to trust that He will allow our family's path to make other friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.